15 Jul Yoga for Health Practitioners – professional development during National Pain Week
Yoga for Health Practitioners is a professional development session offered by Finding Yoga during National Pain Week. Allied health, GPs and other health providers can experience a gentle yoga practice and learn how yoga can be part of a multi-disciplinary approach to pain management.
Research shows that when taught appropriately, yoga can help to manage stress and pain. But referring a client to yoga can be challenging: there are different styles, different teachers, and if you’ve never done yoga yourself it’s hard to know what you’re recommending.
This session includes:
- A gentle vinyasa yoga practice, meditation and relaxation (50 minutes)
- Explanation of the main postural yoga styles
- Commentary about modifying yoga postures for those with pain and other health conditions
- Introduction to yoga as part of a multi-disciplinary approach to persistent pain
- Recommended guidance for chronic pain clients considering yoga
- Building relationships with yoga teachers
Thursday July 23
2.30 – 4pm
The Yoga Vine, Ashton Chambers,187 St George’s Terrace Perth
No cost to health practitioners but registration here is essential.
Please wear comfortable clothes and arrive 5-10 minutes early to get set up. All props are provided.